As our society has developed, it is more and more common for parents to begin their families without getting married. When a dispute among unmarried parents arises regarding custody, visitation or support, a parentage action is normally commenced to confirm or establish parentage and then to resolve the custody and/or support dispute.

These parental cases are brought into family court and are the only issue to be discussed. They do not resolve disputes between unmarried individuals regarding property or spousal support. During an initial consultation to determine how best to protect your legal rights, we at the Law Office of Stephen W. Penn and Associates will be happy to discuss your particular situation of dealing with child custody issues when not married.

Contact Us 408-776-1525 | 831-636-0115
Contact Us